[thelist] Removing nl and cr from Excel file

Martin Kuplens-Ewart martin at takingitglobal.org
Thu Mar 28 09:22:01 CST 2002

Hey all,

I've got a 1000-row excel spreadsheet that I need to import into a mysql
database... BUT I have to do a bunch of processing on the data first...

...grabbing about 10 db field values from one column in the data [it's
icky messy.]

I can deal with the processing, but the main problem is as follows:

If I output the file as a tab-delimited thang, I get crappy data, 'cuz
all the newlines and carriage-returns mess up tab-delim. files.

Excel doesn't support regexp's in search/replace [I don't see why...],
so I'm desperately wondering how else I might go about replacing nl and
cr with <br>

A macro? Or...?

I would appreciate any help... I need this data in the db within the
hour!!!

/me screams.

-m