[thelist] What's with this blog thing, anyway?

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Thu Mar 28 12:30:00 CST 2002

So now they're everywhere, the blogs. I'm wondering if it's some sort of an
indicator of what's going on socially on the web, or if it's some sort of an
indicator of what's going on economically with web developers. Like, are
there so many now because there is some overabundance of web developers who
are frustrated with unemployment and so need an outlet for their creativity?
Or maybe it's just that a blog really IS the one finally great way to get
content onto the web or something?

I'm not looking to start something, here. I've put one together myself,
actually. My wife needed a place to drop photos of the kids, etc. for
distant family members to look at. Seems like there must be other people out
there who use a blog the same way. So I'm not on a side or anything.

I really would like to know what people thinks about this. If it is an
indicator of sorts, one might think they could somehow jump on some
bandwagon and make something out of it. Is there some hidden opportunity
here or something? Maybe I should just leave it alone!

Thoughts? Articles?

BH