[thelist] Difference between PostgreSQL MySQL

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 15:26:01 CST 2002

That a lot more than a silly question.

I've primarily used MySQL because of it's speed,
cleanlyness and just being overall thought out well.
PostgreSQL lends itself more to the "I love big
databases" train of thought, akin to Oracle/DB2.
There are certainly advantages to each, but
personally, I haven't seen many for the bloated-DB
model.

I'm going to be writing an article/review on
PostgreSQL and I'll let you know when I'm done with
it.

Hans Zaunere
New York PHP
http://nyphp.org