[thelist] Simple Database Embedding

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Thu Mar 28 17:02:00 CST 2002

>Why MySQL and PHP of course!

I agree with that one. If you are not too keen on mySQL, there is always
ASP and Access.

> > 2.) Is there anyway to extract the data stored in
> > the db(s) and put into
> > webpages, i. e. everytime the db is updated the
> > pages containing the
> > queries show the same result?
>
>Sure, this is done all the time using AMP Technology
>(Apache/MySQL/PHP).  I generally check a temp. table
>for keys/update time/etc and then regenerate a script
>that draw the page.

Wow -- didn't know there was a term for Apache/mySQL/PHP setup. Amp, eh? As
is amped up? Cool.
Anyhow, another way you can check to see what content to put up is to
attach a timestamp to your entries, and then query against the current date
on your server to display content that is time relevant.

Good luck,
Burhan Khalid