[thelist] What's with this blog thing, anyway?

Marcia Welter mhwelter at welterweb.com
Thu Mar 28 20:53:01 CST 2002

>Do you think it will last?

I'd bet it will last. I started hosting a help board or beginners personal
homepages a few months after I did my first one. That was when the
community's homepages started, they ended up with over 100K of them. People
have always loved them, it's a way of expressing yourself, whatever the
purpose. Look how many there are at Geocities alone. Blogs are just a
different format and style, but they're still personal.

I'd like a change from ecommerce, shopping carts, search engine rankings,
products and all that. Doing something with writings, rants, thoughts and
memories would be a nice change. The question is whether to set up a blog or
do a regular site with essays, random writings, poetry and memoirs - just
creative stuff whether anyone ever sees it or not. It's like journaling, in
my mind. The technology and format is a little different, but it's still a
means of creative outlet. Like drawing or painting or writing as a hobby.

Marcia