[thelist] looking for a Script tutorial: which menu item selected in a framed enviornment

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Fri Mar 29 09:27:00 CST 2002

<snip>
I would like to be able to
highlight the menu item that has been clicked on, and then
un-highlight it when another item is clicked on.  Highlighting the new
item instead.
</snip>
Try the following in your CSS for your navigation links;(I picked these
colors, you can change them)

a:link {
	color: #C30000;
	text-decoration: none;
	font-weight : bold;
	background-color: transparent;
}
a:visited {
	color: #911300;
	text-decoration: none;
	font-weight: bold;
	background-color: transparent;
}
a:hover {
	color: #C30000;
	text-decoration: underline;
	font-weight: bold;
	background-color: transparent;
}
a:active {
	color: #C30000;
	text-decoration: underline;
	font-weight: bold;
	background-color : #cdcdcd;
}

<snip>
I'm not sure if its because frames are becoming so unpopular or what,
but I can not for the life of me find anything that does this.  I've
got a script that does this with an image but not with text.
</snip>

This is not dependent upon frames.

hth!

Jay