[thelist] looking for a Script tutorial: which menu item selected in a framed enviornment

Kristina Floyd kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Fri Mar 29 09:34:05 CST 2002

Jay,

on Friday, March 29, 2002, 3:27:01 PM, Jay wrote:

::
> This is not dependent upon frames.
::

Thank you so much for your reply, unfortunately its not exactly what I
have in mind.  The trouble with this is, if the visitor clicks inside
the menu frame but not on an actual link, the menu item will not be
highlighted anymore.

Since posting my request, I've had a look at the tesco.com site, which
does exactly what I need.  But I can't make any sense of their code.
For example within the departments of the grocery section, if bakery &
cakes is clicked on and then cream cakes & desserts, a small list of
the available is displayed.  If one is selected, it changes colour and
stays that colour until another link is clicked.

--
bfn
 kristina - who is glad there are other souls out there working

kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
http://kfx-design.co.uk/
http://kfx.freelancers.net/
icq: 38340942