[thelist] FileSystemObject: Limit On File Size?

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Fri Mar 29 12:29:00 CST 2002

IIS/ASP Gurus:

    I'm using the FileSystemObject to create a text file. This works fine
until I try to create a file of about 100kb in size, at which point it will
fail with a non-descript "Exception occurred" ASP error. If I switch on
VBScript error-trapping, I get the error number -2147352567, which itself
seems erroneous.
    I can't find a documented kb limit to the FSO's write method. I've even
attempted to break the value in 50kb chunks and write it that way, without
success.
    So, does anyone know: is there a kb limit for FSO operations? Could this
be a VBScript variable limit? Any other ideas?
    Thanks.

James Aylard