[thelist] Re: Embedded database

Michael Mell mike at nthwave.net
Fri Mar 29 17:11:03 CST 2002

If you really mean "embedded" you should look at Berkeley DB:
http://www.sleepycat.com/

Unless speed is not an issue, don't even think about using xml.

You might be interested in the db and pickle modules in Python. They are fast,
easy to use and portable. I understand that Python embeds into C apps easily and
partners with Java quite well.

Mike

mike at nthwave.net
llemekim         YahooIM