[thelist] What's with this blog thing, anyway?

James S. Huggins (Evolt) Evolt at ZName.com
Fri Mar 29 20:35:00 CST 2002

>From another list . . .

             The Top 9 Excerpts from a Parakeet's Blog

  9> "I am molting. My reflection mockingly reveals the unfiltered
     bleakness of my existence. Sartre was right all along. Worse,
     the unrelenting attempts of the wingless giant to coax mimicked
     speech from the darkness of my soul are... Oboy! Fresh seed!"

  8> "Breakfast: skipped it. Lunch: a few pecks at the seed bell.
     Dinner: pin feathers from my tail."

  7> "I don't think I mentioned lately how much I love my
     cuttlebone. What do they make these things out of, anyway?
     I hope it's not something gross."

  6> "As I'm typing this blog entry, I've received three instant
     messages asking for my age, sex, and wingspan."

  5> "Owners forgot to remove the blanket today, so I took the
     opportunity to develop my vacation slides."

  4> "Through perseverance and unobtrusive wing signals, I have at
     last enlisted the aid of the dog. Tonight I escape this damned
     cage and then, VENGEANCE!!!"

  3> "The other bird mocks me still. I shift to the side, he shifts
     to the side. I bob my head, he bobs. Why won't he talk?"

  2> "Man, this would sure be easier if I could touch-type instead
     of hunt-and-peck."

    and the Number 1 Excerpt from a Parakeet's Blog...

  1> "As I stare endlessly through the gilded bars of my physical
     confines, the only thought that passes through the void of my
     existence is 'Damn the crackers! Damn those tasty crackers!'"