[thelist] OT: Scottish Designers (average wage)

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Mon Apr 1 10:14:01 CST 2002

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Hi Annie

Can't speak for the design profession particularly, but Aberdeen is an area
with a pretty high cost of living (it's all that oil money), so would need
a higher than average wage level to sustain the same lifestyle. You'll also
know that the UK as a whole has a *much* higher cost of living relative to
income than Canada does.

However, I *can* tell you that there isn't much of a design industry there
- it all comes to the Edinburgh design ghetto in Leith, or Glasgow, or
London.

Cheers
Martin

Subject:    [thelist] OT: Scottish Designers (average wage)

I'm planning on moving to Aberdeen this summer.
I've been offered a job, but I really have no basis for comparison as to
whether or not the wage is reasonable.
I'd appreciate any information on the cost of living and average design
wages in Scotland, the UK &/or the Aberdeen area specifically.
Sorry for this rather OT post...

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems.
computer.