[thelist] disabled javascript

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 11:16:00 CST 2002

>I really, really, really don't want to continue this as a religious war.

Neither do I <g>.

>But what about web browsing from alternative devices like PDAs, phones,
>WebTVs, Playstations... is it likely that these devices will support
>JavaScript?

A point. I'm certain that WebTV and Windows CE/IE3 *do* support JavaScript
and I assume Opera on the various PDA's does, too. Phones: no way (but can
they account for even 0.1% of the hits?), Playstation: dunno, but I heard
that Sega Dreamcast does support JS.

So JavaScript support is quite widespread. I created the spider-theory when
people started talking about 20 or 25% of the visitors not supporting
JavaScript because I simply cannot believe that number. Rudy's 12% is way
down from the previous count, but still (in my opinion) too large.

But I may be totally wrong, of course.

ppk