[thelist] New site - Critique for look/feel/user experience

Ben Phillips ben at inchima.com
Mon Apr 8 05:31:01 CDT 2002

> What I'd like comments on is:
> -- The user experience - easy? hard? intuitive?
> -- Site functionality - Style sheet changes? Colors?
> -- Browser problems - 'nuff said, blast away
> -- Site size - load time OK? Transitions fast enough?
>
> Of course I'll take all other comments/flames. Please go
> after anything you see. But my biggest concern right now
> is the IA/GUI etc... [snip]

the left menu is annoying. i really don't like menus that expand
horizontally - when i mouseover 'Pricing', i then see another menu. this
is fine. the natural thing for me to do if i want to select '.COM .ORG
.NET' is to move my cursor diagonally to that option. however, because i
then mouseover 'Registration Agreements', the submenu changes and i can
no longer see the 'Pricing' submenu.

your menu requires me to move right and then up at right angles - this
is not a natural movement for me and, i suspect, for a lot of other
users.

benji
inchima.com