[thelist] Internet Explorer update - what update??

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 08:15:01 CDT 2002

There are a dozen reasons not to download it, especially as a
web developer.  First - having the latest version of a web
browser often means that you see your own creations differently
than other people.  Second - some updates are a step backward in
speed and usability.  Third - some updates don't apply to the
components I use, or even worse add features I dislike (such as
searching from the address bar, which I disable).

Saying that the update most likely fixes some bugs and adds some
features is like saying a movie premiere most likely showcases a
film that's never been seen before.  By definition, that's what
it is supposed to be.  The devil's in the details, though.

Scott Kennedy