[thelist] cfpop/macintosh filetypes

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Apr 8 22:29:01 CDT 2002

As I only vaguely understand what's going on, I wanted to check to
make sure what

When you save an attachments sent with the Mac resource fork using
cfpop, it gets saved along with the datafork in a file of the same
name with no extension.

... and an attachment from a Mac of a document named word.doc would
be referred to in attachmentfiles like

word.doc#chr(9)#word

... and as far as using that attachment I only have to worry about
the stuff before the chr(9).

It seems to work, but I don't want to look like a fool eating my
salad with my resource fork and my steak with my data fork ... er, is
it the other way around?

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/