[thelist] Thawte/other SSL

Keith cache at dowebscentral.com
Tue Apr 9 01:15:00 CDT 2002

At 09:05 AM Monday 4/8/02, Eric wrote:
>Anybody here had a good experience with a SSL certificate provider
>other than Verisign?

http://geotrust.com/

I've bought a almost a dozen certs from them. From the time I generate the
Request to the time I have the Cert installed has never been more than 5
minutes. It's called a "quickSSL". The "quickSSL"  guarantees that the Cert
was purchased by the legal owner of the domain (or the owner's agent). It
does not guarantee that the purchaser is also the owner, agent, or
representative of a company DBA the website. If you think you really need
that, that's extra and took 4 days the two times I did it.

Support? I had a problem installing their Cert on a poorly documented
server, so I emailed them asking if they had run into the problem. Their
tech called me! Spent 45 minutes with me working out the problem.

Their Certs are CA chained  Equifax/Thawte , the same Cert you'd receive
from Verisign.

keith

cache at dowebscentral.com