[thelist] CSS help -- image for table border?

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Tue Apr 9 08:47:01 CDT 2002

Something you might try is this.  Create your dotted
background image so that the dots are all as close as
possible to the top of the image (with the rest of the
img transparent or matching your table bg color).  Then,
use a similar code to this:

.dottedtable td { background-image: url(dotted.gif);
background-repeat: repeat-x }

This will create a dotted look right across the top of
each of your cells, but only inside tables with the
"dottedtable" class applied to it (incase you have
tables you don't want it applied to).  I don't think you
can apply the class to the tr instead of the td, because
Netscape will ignore it (I think).  HTH

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://bittersweet2.com