[thelist] Take the link off your site!

Tony Grimes algrimes at acs.ucalgary.ca
Tue Apr 9 15:48:01 CDT 2002

> How do I ask them to take the link down nicely? I don't want them to get
> their backs up and I don't want to seem bitchy, but I also don't want them
> to take credit for work that I did. Oh yah, the client wants *me* to contact
> them to ask them to take the link down.

I would work under the assumption that they haven't noticed that your
client's site has changed. Just send them an FYI that you have redesigned
the site and send them a screen-cap of the old site in case they want to
put that up instead of the live link. Sending the screen-cap or a link to
the old site will imply that you want them to take down the link. If they
don't take the hint, THEN be more explicit and ask them outright to take
it down.

.tony