[thelist] trash my new site pls

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Wed Apr 10 10:12:00 CDT 2002

Joe,

A few thoughts...

BTW Looking at it on Mac G4 (Titanium!) IE5

First of all - I missed your original email (clicked on a link from a reply)
- and I had no idea who you were until I opened up Miriam's email and she
said "Hi Joe!" (I guess you're Joe). There is no contact information and
your name isn't anywhere (that I noticed anyway). Who is this guy...

The link colour in the body text is too close to the text colour. I didn't
even know there were links there until I happened to roll over one and it
turned orange. On the retouching page, the rollover link/text colour (for
"Panoramic composites") is on the red background is also too close to the
background colour. I can barely read it.

The links to outside websites on the following pages don't work:
"Photoshop" on retouch.html
"Baldassare Castiglione" and "Thomas Edison" on design.html
"Computing & IS" on me.html

On me.html the link to the "Malta Federation of Industry" looks like the
last two letters should be linked text too (now the link's only on Malta
Federation of Indust).

In general, I really like the layout. It's great to see something other than
the 3 column, menu at top thing. Anyway, what I'm trying to say it that it
is eye-catching and draws you in. However, I didn't realize I could click on
your picture or on the bird until well into my visit. It also wasn't clear
to me when the pictures at the top were clickable and when not, so I tried
to click on them every time.

Nice look though - it's a great beginning.

HTH,
Tara
--
Tara Cleveland