[thelist] Your 2 cents - Site Critique

cdj chris at fuzzylizard.com
Wed Apr 10 11:11:01 CDT 2002

Overall, I like the site. I think that it has a very clean interface and
is very easy to move around in.

Some things that I liked
- On the company page, I like the year ladder going down the right hand
side of the page. I though this was a very intuitive way of accessing
the info
- The flash logo. Although, what happens if the person does not have
flash installed on their browser, does something still show up?
- The banner across the top fits nicely into the overall site
- The position of the search field. It is very prominate and in the same
position on every single page.

Some things I did not like
- The flash animation on the solutions page is way to slow. I would have
moved on to another page long before it finished loading. I also assumed
that the images would be buttons when the whole thing was done. This was
very counter intuitive
- The role overs on the menu on the left hand side were also too slow. I
almost clicked on one before the text had loaded at the bottom.
- This one is personal, I don't like the two lone squares at the bottom
left of the screen. Everything else is nicely connected together and
these two little squares look somehow forgotten there at the bottom.
Maybe extend the bottom line so that it connects with the two squares
and ties them into the overall design as well.
- No Home button. I assumed the Headlines button took me back to the
homepage.

Overall, Looks very good. The client should be suitably impressed.

--
/chris

<www.fuzzylizard.com>