[thelist] Redoing a site's design from the grounds up

s t e f notabene at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 10 16:04:02 CDT 2002

Evolters,

I'm faced with a few questions about my personal site.

I've noticed that the more a site looks professional, the less people tend
to write to its owner to congratulate/comment/criticize.

I was wondering if any of you here has ever thought about this
kind-of-large, not-too-specific question.

Namely:
- What pitfalls would you avoid? (like, what would give your site too
professioanl an appearance) -- if any
- What navigational tricks wouldn't you drop at any cost?
- Crazy things you'd do? Wouldn't do?

etc

Am I being clear? It's a bit late here.

s t e f