[thelist] VBScript and ASP MsgBox Now what

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Wed Apr 10 16:20:01 CDT 2002

Now what:

I've got this:
<snip>
	    msg = "Are you Sure you want to delete this user(s)?"
          Response.Write("<" & "script language=VBScript>")
          Response.Write("MsgBox """ & msg & """, 4, ""Just
Checking""</script>")
</snip>
but after I click yes or even no, I still get a Permission Denied. What am I
missing?

Thanks

Rob

Dough, I answered my own question. The way I have it set up is that the
msgbox is written on the Server-side when I really meant to write it on the
client-side. If I want the message box to appear there, then I have to do
something like:
<snip>
      <%
          msg = "Umm, I guess, EOF?"
          Response.Write("<" & "script language=VBScript>")
          Response.Write("MsgBox """ & msg & """<" & "/script>")
      %>
</snip>