[thelist] Search engines and dynamic content

Tony Grimes algrimes at acs.ucalgary.ca
Wed Apr 10 17:47:01 CDT 2002

     Does anyone know which search engines can index a dynamically
driven site? We've got a site using PHP/Postgres/Apache/FreeBSD and
we need to know if it's worth setting up virtual directories or some other
hack to get indexed. If most of the major engines have no problem with
dynamic content or are well on their way, we wouldn't mind saving
ourselves a little time and heartache.
     I notice the evolt site is optimized for indexing, but the only
threads I could find on the subject are over a year old. Anyone have an
update? If it turns out that this IS neccessary, I'd love to get some
links to the needed resources. TIA.

Tony Grimes
Online Director
Movie Poster Shop