[thelist] Your 2 cents - Site Critique

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 10 19:16:01 CDT 2002

> http://www.solimarsystems.com

Hi,

It's a bit flat and bland. In your flash mid-pieces on the front door, make
your photos full colour. That will easily lighten it up.

You have massive alignment issues all over the place. Line the search box &
text up with the left edge of the logo's box in the top left. Redesign the
"configure your own system" button to use a full colour image, and to align
with the left edge of the search box.

The "legacy output experts" badge seems out of place.

I don't know what it is (some of your flash, I expect), but resizing the
browser seems sluggish and throws my CPU usage up near 100%.

I don't like the typeface used in the flash mid-pieces. Try something less
common looking.

Try pushing up the line-height on your body copy slightly. Give you
frontdoor paragraph a bit more padding at the top. Aim to have the distance
between the top of the paragraph and the box/circle emblem near the search
box and the copy, the same. Also, align the top of your search box/block
with the paragraph.

Try these things, and I think it'd be a start.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au