[thelist] Email Composition Question

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Thu Apr 11 02:50:01 CDT 2002

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

It's a similar set of rules to StructuredText:
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/STX

Let's see if it follows any more stx rules

If it's working, this should be a heading

  And this shouldn't be

* This should be an unordered list

* Another ul item

And do ordered lists work?

  1. I hope this is item 1

  1. And this is item 2

Let's see if we can get "a link to evolt":http://evolt.org/

And if we need a code sample, we'll do 'print $hello_world'

Or for a code block::

        def dog_years(age):
            """Convert an age to dog years"""
            return age*7

Cheers
Martin

>    I have noticed that even with HTML turned off, on some emails, Moz
> will print certain things in bold (and display smilies, which is a nice
> touch). I was wondering, what command/tag cause it to display in bold,
> what should be text with no formatting? I'd love to use it, since on my
> system's font, it really stands out well.

*strong*
/em/
_underline_

Mozilla is not alone, knode (nntp software) also does it. I'm sure
there are other examples out there too.

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems.
computer.