[thelist] Email Composition Question (now wth improved tip content!)

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Thu Apr 11 13:01:00 CDT 2002

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> It's a similar set of rules to StructuredText:
> http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Articles/STX
>
> Let's see if it follows any more stx rules

Looks like utter failure to me. So sad...

I like the concept of STX, though. The trend toward simple, readable
markup makes me happy; even though most of us render HTML in our heads,
I'd like to see a more "masses-friendly" formatting tool take off.

<tip type="Clients: Paycheck Producers or Time-Sucking Leeches?"
author="David Wagner">

We've all had bad clients. Heck, we've probably all *been* bad clients.
It's a fact of life that the relationship between the provider and the
user of a service isn't going to be smooth and easy all the time. Keep
in mind, though, that the bad situations aren't necessarily permanent.
Sometimes the most obnoxious of customers can turn around and surprise
you with a sudden change in attitude. Sometimes they turn their
responsibilities over to someone who you can get along with. And every
once in awhile, through sheer persistence and a "grin and bear it"
attitude, you can just bring someone around to your point of view. Don't
lose hope.

On the other hand: Don't bite the hand that feeds you, but feel free to
ignore it when it starts teasing you instead.

</tip>

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net