[thelist] Redoing a site's design from the grounds up (LONG)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 20:57:00 CDT 2002

> From: Susan Wallace <susanhw at webcastle.com>
[...]
> Someone here has a site (I think it's rudy... could be wrong) where
> they show off their talents with CSS and other things, and
> specifically point out that "Yes, I can do these things, but I also
> have clients with a diverse audience who still need me to use the most
> common items, even tables" - and that's exactly how I feel - I realize
> the worthiness of being a current developer and keeping up with the
> latest, but also the reality that not every client needs a site with
[...]

interesting that you mention this, because this was actually some of the
mindset behind mine (although i didn't verbalize that too well in my last post)...

between posting here and on CSS-D, where i often tell people that tables
aren't a *wrong* approach if done well, i found people figured i just couldn't do
CSS-only design and layout...  mostly i found out because they emailed me
and said so...

so my personal site also shows off that i *can* do it, and i recognize the value
of it... and it keeps people off my back when i say that tabled layouts are still
a necessity...