[thelist] Suggestion...

Sean ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Thu Apr 11 21:50:01 CDT 2002

Hoo doggie!

How about best flame war?  I personally prefer emacs vs. vi, but
wysiwy(d)g vs. hand coding is always fun.

=)

<tip type="finding and deleting files older than a certain number of
days">

find . -mtime +7 -print
will find files modified more than 7 days ago, current directory and
subs

find . -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \;
will find and delete files modified more than 7 days ago, handy for old
logs and temp files

LinuxPowered has a good run down on find:
http://www.linuxpowered.com/html/editorials/find.html

<tip>