[thelist] look and feel

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Fri Apr 12 08:37:02 CDT 2002

> From: Joel Canfield <Joel at spinhead.com>
> I really like it. The nav is intuitive. Took me a moment to find the 'home'
> link, but when I found it, it made sense. On my sys (Win2K/IE6 'cause it was
> closer than Opera/19" Mitsubishi @ 1152x854) the thumbnails were just a bit
> too small. Tiny is fine; it gives just a hint of what the pic is without
> making me thing "oh, I've seen that one; why bother" but they're so small
> that they're not enticing, they're just blobs of color.
i'm not a believer in thumbnails, in general. in this case i'm sorta using
them instead of numbers, as waymarkers. i don't want the image pre-judged
*at all*, so i don't give enough information to judge them by. but if you're
in a section and looking for the image you liked, i think you can jump right
to it when looking at the thumbs - so that does it for me.

> Good use of color. Photos are worthy of real study, not just a brief glance.
thanks :)

> Can I have it?
that depends on what the definition of "it" is.

matt g.