[thelist] Linux Email Clients

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Fri Apr 12 11:46:10 CDT 2002

Schoolcraft, Jeffrey wrote:
> How do you get rid of that collapse icon, and that wasted extra line
> (including the conversation topic line).  Both huge pet peeves of mine.

Unless I misunderstand your question, I would suggest that you don't have
"group by", and would just sort by subject instead. You can sort by subject
and received, which would give you the threads together and in date order
without the collapsing bit.

You can also choose in "group by" (if you decide to keep the extra line) to
have the messages all open to start with, so you don't have to "uncollapse".

I have different choices in different folders to meet different needs, but
one method is:
view > current view > unread messages ...and then...
view > current view > customize current view > sort >
	1. subject
	2. received.

Occasionally turn off the filter to dump old read emails you don't want
anymore.

> Burhan Khalid wrote:
>
> > Are there any Windows clients that have this same functionality?
> (collapsing the threads)
>
> In Outlook 2000
> Go to view > current view > Customize current view > Group By
> > subject.

kr.
Liam
...Still wanting Fulham to win...