[thelist] Screen Captures

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Sat Apr 13 11:05:01 CDT 2002

What image dimensions are you going for?  I took
screenshots for my portfolio at 800x600 resolution and
reduced it to 25%, making my images roughly 196 x 113.
I could go down to 20% if I wanted, and they would still
look decent.

If you're taking screenshots at a fairly high
resolution, that might be part of your problem.

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://bittersweet2.com

4/13/2002 11:47:26 AM, "Derry Talvainn"
<derry at artema.com.au> wrote:

>I have been asked to put together some web pages that
contain screen
>captures (of other web pages) with commentary beside
them.

>The screen captures I take look fantastic at 100% but
if I reduce them to as
>much as 90% the look really bad and 80% absolutely
disgusting. They are far
>too big at 100%.
>
>Anyone know of a way to reduce the size of a screen
capture without making
>the text look bad?
>
>My first attempt at screen capturing was to use Print
Screen and paste into
>Photoshop - but that was awful even at 100%. Then I
found the CorelCapture
>utility which does a great job at 100% but that is all.
I have tried
>reducing the size in Photoshop, Photopaint and also
with CorelCapture all to
>no avail.
>
>Help me please - my deadline is looming close on this
one.

>Derry Talvainn
>Artema Interactive Design
>
>He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt
someone doing it.