[thelist] Screen Captures

Cristian Secara secarica at fx.ro
Sat Apr 13 15:53:01 CDT 2002

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:47:26 +1000, Derry Talvainn wrote:

>My first attempt at screen capturing was to use Print Screen and paste into
>Photoshop - but that was awful even at 100%.

?
That should work fine. Are you sure you were in "Actual pixels" view
mode ?

Anyway, I have done 3 tests just for fun. One with Photoshop, other
with SnagIt, other with Opera 6.
At first glance, the SnagIt's "scale" function produced the best
result, Opera the worst.

In my opinion you should scale to a boundary number (e.g. 50%, 75%) and
not to something between (e.g. not 82%).

(SnagIt is at http://www.techsmith.com/ )

Best wishes,
    Cristi

--