[thelist] XML parsing the homemade way

J. Scott Johnson scott at fuzzygroup.com
Sun Apr 14 09:22:01 CDT 2002

I strongly don't advise that you do it by hand.  Use the PHP xml stuff.  It
works quite well.  I haven't benchmarked performance but how much data do
you have?  If its not huge quantities then I would be surprised if the PHP
modules have performance problems.

The only thing that was hard about the php stuff was figuring out how to
access attribute values as opposed to tagged content.  I did and can email
it to you if you need it.

Scott