[thelist] Flash Player 6 breaks swfs made on flash 5?

Josh Earl jearl at adel.tafe.sa.edu.au
Sun Apr 14 20:01:12 CDT 2002

Hi Guys,

Our team's flash ppl are jumping up and down because it seems that some
flash they have made using Flash 5 was working fine on both development
machines and client machines...that is, until the latest plugin was
downloaded by the clients, at which point the movie falls over.

This effect has been reproduced by one of our developers on his home
machine - Win 98 IE 5.5 going from the default shipping flash player 5 to
the latest version of the Flash Player downloaded from the Macromedia
website (Flash player 6).

Has anyone heard of this before?

Does anyone know of any applications that allow you to switch which versions
of plugins are available to your browser? It would be neat to be able to
have a library of plugins available and define which one the browser is
using for display.

thanks for your time,

Josh
-CALS Online Unit.