[thelist] hiding CSS

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Apr 14 21:27:00 CDT 2002

>Hi all,
>
>I'm updating my site, and have a question about hiding CSS
>from old browsers.
>
>Until I saw what a mess MacIE4.5 made of the page, I was using
>the @import "stylesheet.css";

People may disagree with me, but for the exact type of problems you
cite, I thing using @IMPORT to give different CSS to different
browsers is a bad idea. Use JavaScript and document.wrote a link to
an external stylesheet. Resort to using navigator.userAgaent is a
necessity if you want the greatest level of control over CSS display
unless you don't care about anything but the most common browsers.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/