[thelist] Screen Captures again

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 14 23:07:05 CDT 2002

> From: "Derry Talvainn" <derry at artema.com.au>
[...]
> Could someone please point me to a site where there are some
> 'successful' screen captures so I can gauge whether I am just being
> too fussy here or whether I am not doing this correctly?
[...]

sure, but these are all dirtier than they need to be:
http://evolt.org/article/rating/20/5816/
http://evolt.org/article/list/20/15177/
http://evolt.org/article/list/20/22547/
http://algonquinstudios.com/document_262.html

[...]
> Aardvark - Downloaded a utility called 'Screen Ruler' but I am not
> sure exactly how you mean me to use it nor how to use the javascript.

erm, i was suggesting you can *avoid* having to use screen ruler to get your
windows to the desired size just by pasting the JS i provided into the address
bar (adjusting the numbers as necessary)...

> I am viewing my files at 100% in Photoshop. To capture a 800 x 800
> file using altprintscreen I would have to increase my screen
> resolution to above 1024 x 768 to get the length - did you mean me to
> do this?

the numbers were just a sample so the math would be easier... it's up to you
to determine your final image size and initial browser size...

> I wanted full web pages scaled from 800 pixels to 600 pixels in width
> (cropping to reduce the page further) - the height varies depending on
> the page content.

the shift from 800px to 600px is going to create a messy resample, simply
because it's trying to cram 3 pixels of data into one as it scales down...

if possible, send the URL of a page you want capped, tell me the final image
size and initial window size you need, and lemme have a go at it...

and if possible please trim your replies...