[thelist] _target= opening new window parameters? newbie chimes in.

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 15 07:12:00 CDT 2002

> From: "Daniel Medley" <dm at lgcy.com>
[...]
> > <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
> > function HughWindow() {
> > newWindow =
[...]
> I've noticed that
> when I use a script similar to the one above, it does indeed open up a
> new browser window in a JS disabled browser, however it seems that the
> new window (nn 4.7) does not render the styles of the linked style
> sheet. Is there a way around this?

in NN4.x, disabling JS also disables CSS... there are some posts on this
recently, but in short, NN4.x was in development when the CSS spec was
settled, and NN4.x had already begun developing JSSS (JS powered CSS,
effectively) in its browser... instead of rebuilding it, they just slapped an
interpreter to convert CSS to JSSS within the browser...

so killing JS in NN4.x kills CSS...