[thelist] Interesting Problem with ASP

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Mon Apr 15 10:53:00 CDT 2002

Are you getting an error?

Nope. The opening query even sorts this field by date.

what datatype is the field?

date/time

Is there data in the field?

Yes.

more detail please,

I've tried misspelling the column name and of course, it throws an error.
There is data in that field. Every other field queried shows up. There just
isn't any data showing up here. This is by far the strangest thing I've ever
seen:

set article = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
article.ActiveConnection = MM_cms_STRING
article.Source = "SELECT cf.CMSFeatureTitle, cf.CMSFeatureTeaser,
cf.CMSFeatureIMGURL, cf.CMSFExpireDate, cf.CMSFeatureBody,
cf.CMSFPublishDate, cf.CMSUserID, cu.CMSUserID FROM CMSFeature cf CROSS JOIN
CMSUser cu  WHERE cf.CMSFeatureID = '" + Replace(article__FID, "'", "''") +
"' AND cf.CMSUserID = cu.CMSUserID"
article.Open()

----

Published :<%=(article.Fields.Item("CMSFPublishDate").Value)%> <~~~ Don't
display anything.