[thelist] Re: dedicated server in the us

Michael Galvin mgalvin at sourcevisualthinking.ie
Mon Apr 15 11:41:00 CDT 2002

Um, this is not an answer to your question, but your post reminded me of
something I wanted to ask theList for a while.  Apart from time differences*
and tech support availability, is there any reason why a US company couldn't
be hosted on a UK server (for example).

Wouldn't it be easier for you if there are problems with the site to have a
local ISP that will be open during your working hours, not your client's?

*I bring up time differences because of an issue I had with an ASP script
which was supposedly being hosted locally, but was actually based in the
States, causing a 5 hour 'time loss'.

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking