[thelist] how do you handle form 'values' from script to script

John Corry webshot at members.evolt.org
Mon Apr 15 16:58:01 CDT 2002

I'm working on an app where users will have to complete 2 forms, view their
information on a 'confirm all this is right' page and then submit the values
to the final script.

One of the issues that comes up is that users might leave the form before
it's fields are submitted, when they came back to the form, what would they
be coming back to? Empty fields...

So...what do I do? Store each form field value in a session variable? Add
the values to a temporary db table to be added to the 'permanent' table upon
submission of the final form?

Is there a simple way to make a form 'remember' the values given it? Doesn't
have to be terribly robust, just neat and user friendly.

Maybe I should set a cookie that saves the form field values (minus the
sensitive ones) so when a particular user comes back to the site, their
details ae filled in already...

hmm?

John Corry