[thelist] SQL Question - 'Contingent Columns'

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Apr 16 08:01:01 CDT 2002

> I'm thinking of running three small queries to pull off
> the locations of the "max dates" for each region,
> and then structuring a union between three datasets -
> pulling each region separately.
>
> Is there an easier way?  Any syntax that will let me do a
> 'Select yesterday from col2 if Asia, but col3 if Europe'?

hi ron

i'm sorry, it's not clear what you're trying to do

you can get the max dates for all three regions in one query, if you wish

i'm not sure how that translates into "select yesterday"

does it have to be yesterday?  if so, why max date? doe max date
have to equal yesterday?  what if max date is today already?

rudy

p.s. what's up with "toronto time" -- are these guys located in toronto?
i wanna go pound on somebody's head for the horrible table design...