[thelist] Date and Time issue Worldwide

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Tue Apr 16 09:20:01 CDT 2002

Well if that's the case... I can't change it just for this one little
function. This application I'm on now is on a test server. I can play with
the regional settings all I want. However, the final resting place of this
thing, is on a corporate server. The whole companies time settings would be
messed up if I changed it there. That's one ball of wax I'm not touching
with a 10 foot pole wearing a fire proof body suit.

Thanks anyway. It was interesting to see the amount of conflict in the world
about how we tell time though, neat experiment. That's about all I got out
of this string.

Rob

Hmmm - i believe this is dictated by the regional settings of the server SQL
server is on. I have just checked and mine defaults to UK date because the
machine is built with regional setting to UK.

As for you're young - me: 1978/01/25

If you want to know how to change the regional settings let me know and il
tell you.

cheers

paul