Rudy: [thelist] Date and Time issue Worldwide

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Tue Apr 16 11:27:01 CDT 2002

[snip]
getting dates out in the format of your choice is not really a problem,
because you can use the "style" parameter of the CONVERT function -- if you
want english format, i suggest style 103

and just how do I do this?

How? When I first open the query? Or do I enter this if and when I do DTS in
EM?
[/snip]
You don't need to use DTS....

The easiest way to convert a date format is to retrieve the ISO formatted
dat from the datetime field and then convert the appearance of it within the
language that you are using for output. In ASP you could use one of the Date
Format Constants, FormatDateTime(date, [format]) or
Year(date)Month(date)-Day(date). I don;t have the exact syntax to make the
conversion off the top of my head, but this would give you a place to start.

Jay