[thelist] Semi-final New site - Critique for anything

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:19:03 CDT 2002

Taking all of the great suggestions I received, I've rebuilt
the site and have taken it 'live.' There's still some work to
be done, some code to clean up, the 'backend' pages (really
Perl templates) need to be changed to reflect the new look
and structure, but it works.

http://www.wholesalenics.net/

Major changes:
 - the only JavaScript used can be ignored by whoever doesn't
   have it or has it turned off.
 - so rollovers are gone. For now, that's the cost of getting
   rid of a lot of JavaScript
 - almost no <div>s which were causing all kinds of problems
   in many browsers.
 - style change has been taken out - for now. I hope to get
   it back in later.
 - pop-out menus are gone at the cost of reloading the page.
 - still 13 menu options on the front page ;>)

As before, I'd appreciate comments on broken stuff, ease of
use, and look & feel. Feel free to have at it. I commit not
to get defensive. :)

I also added an OnlineOpinion tool (uses .js) from Opinion
Lab. Those of you with JS can use it for feedback. I'd
especially like your comments on this tool.

As stated before:
Yes, it's commercial
Yes, it's built mostly with DW, but also a lot of typing in
     Notepad, cuteHTML, a little HotDog, a little NotePro...
Yes, it started with a Project VII template

-Hugh
hblair at hotfootmail.com