[thelist] perl scripts causing server error

Meredith Tupper meredith at pintsize.com
Tue Apr 16 17:48:00 CDT 2002

BT Bigpant wrote:

> > Did you edit the script(s) in a Windows (or Mac) editor and then copy them
> or upload them to the server
> (which would imply incorrect line-termination characters)?
> Yes ! Is this really the problem ? Are cgi scripts that sensitive ?
> If so, a) how do I get the existing scripts to work, b) what text editor
> should I use to create perl scripts ?

Dear God yes, it does make a difference!  The stupid line-term characters can
fsck everything up, and so can uploading the file in binary format.  Save
yourself many gray hairs like mine, and get NoteTab Light
(http://www.notetab.com) or PFE (http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe).
You'll be glad you did.

Meredith

--