[thelist] SIC Codes Downloads?

Chris Montgomery lists at airtightweb.com
Tue Apr 16 19:40:01 CDT 2002

Ron,

Ahhh. Misunderstood what you wanted. Several years ago, I purchased a couple
of CD's that had business info organized by SIC code. These were updated
quarterly by subscription. I don't remember the name of the company, but I
can root around and find the CD's if you want to know more.

Your client might also want to check out
http://www.infousa.com/homesite/products.html. They have the same kind of
information available in mailing list format, including SICs (I think this
is where InfoSpace.com gets its listings).  There is also a free search that
starts here:
http://infousa.com/cgi-bin/abicgi/abicgi.pl?BAS_session={bas_session}&BAS_ve
ndor=94&BAS_type=LIS&BAS_page=8100&BAS_flag=1&bas_action=Register+Later
(watch the URL wrap). If you select the SIC search option, you can search
for up to 24 SIC codes.

Sorry my replies seem delayed, it's taking hours for them to show up on the
list.

Cheers,

Chris Montgomery

<snip>