[thelist] Preload for the Flash player

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Thu Apr 18 10:22:01 CDT 2002

Sasha is right on this one. I recently did a Flash introduction bit for a
client of mine and due to all the photos, I needed an intro to the intro.
Just set up a loop that plays a simple "loading..." and detect If
FrameLoaded("end") gotoandplay("Start"). On the next frame put,
gotoandplay(1). There are tons of flash demos on how to do this:
http://www.flashkit.com

Rob
http://www.azuritedesign.com/villas/Movie1.html

Is there anyway to stop the 'streaming' effect I get when viewing a flash
movie in the flash movie?  If it's particularly large movie, the first few
frames are very jumpy (as I assume the movie loads).  I'd like to avoid
this.

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking