[thelist] Spam traps

Chris axe at suburbia.com.au
Fri Apr 19 10:18:00 CDT 2002

I think the idea behind it is to fill email harvesters with large
quantities of useless data, ie: non-existant randomly generated email
addresses,
thus rendering the complete list useless (what's real, what's not etc)

Although a few email harvesting tools now have 'spam-bait detection' which
tries to avoid such traps, but I do not know how effective these are.

Regards,
Chris