[thelist] Creating a tabbed menu - XHTML + CSS

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Sat Apr 20 22:10:00 CDT 2002

David,

Knockout in the second round. David Bindel wins by a right upper hook.

<snip>
> Unless this is a major inconsistency, you really should try to ignore
> it.
</snip>

The problem was in the implementation. I knew this was the problem, but
couldn't get my head around the answer.

<snip>
Bill Gates said so.
</snip>

Billy boy can.... (fill in your unflattering scenario of choice) ;-)

<snip>
> NEVER USE TABLES!!!
</snip>

I stopped using tables for positioning as I started learning XHTML and
CSS, but thank you for saving me from the dark side.

I tried your markup and it looks exactly what I am looking for.
Interestingly enough, Opera 6 - beta 1, and Mozilla 0.9.9 would not show
the CSS if it was defined in the HEAD. Only Konqueror would. Curious...

Samir M. Nassar
RedConcepts.NET - Open Source, Public Service
http://www.redconcepts.net