[thelist] Site Check: PAPocketPets.com

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sun Apr 21 15:20:00 CDT 2002

Hi,
<----- Original Message -----
<From: "Gina K. Anderson" <gina at sitediva.com>

<|The site looks a little old-fashioned, due to the layout, and use of
images
<|for menus etc. It gives a robust and reliable impression though.

<Old-fashioned?? Really? This intrigues me, I have been out o' the loop for
a few
<months due to a house purchase that's a bit of a fixer-upper, LOL. What
sites
<are 'in' nowadays? I'd like to see what the trend is lately if you have the
time
<to send some links :)

I'm not saying that's bad in this case, it gives the impression of an
established site that's been around for a while.
What gives an old-fashioned impression is:
The transitions in the applet (and the applet itself)
The fine black lines overlaying the header.
All the headers and menu sections are images - this shows somehow,
especially for the "current-page" highlighted menu item.
The iregular use of dropshadow.

Saddly I haven't bookmarked sites I would consider having nice modern design
recently, but to keep it in the family I can recommend a couple of evolter
sites:
http://www.redconcepts.net/
http://algonquinstudios.com/
http://www.mark.ac/

I do find the "look & feel" of your site currently suits the natural topic
though. Wood would fit, stainless-steel wouldn't.

Cheers,
Richard.